Featured Post

Lizard and the Mouse

When He spoke reptiles and small animals of all types were created. I thought this might be interesting to you who are Lizard and re...

Saturday, October 1, 2016

Lizard and the Mouse


When He spoke reptiles and small animals of all types were created.

I thought this might be interesting to you who are Lizard and reptile lovers. And even if you don’t like them you might be surprised like I was when I was reading to find that they are talked about by name in the Bible. As far as I can tell this is the only place I have found them mentioned this way. God even talked about the mole and mouse as well.

I find it fascinating that they were named thousands of years ago and that is what we still call them. It’s funny in a way that they aren’t talked about more often in the Bible. I’m sure that they were everywhere being in a warm desert area. I have to say my favorite is the gecko, we have plenty where I live. I especially like the suction cups on their feet and their big round eyes. Okay I have two favorites the other one is a chameleon. You don’t see them much anymore. I used to catch them just to watch how they could change color.

As I read this I was glad to hear that God was pretty much telling everyone not to eat them that they were not for food. Mostly what I want to say is it’s pretty awesome how God created the largest of the lizards (Alligator) to the smallest like we see in our gardens. They all are different and serves a purpose just like He created. So next time you are where these creeping critters live, really check the out. They are fun to watch, but be careful if you want to catch one, they have a strong jaw. I think God created some truly unique living creatures.

Leviticus 11:29-30 (NKJV)
29. These also shall be unclean to you among the creeping things that creep on the earth: the mole, the mouse, and the large lizard after its kind;
30. the gecko, the monitor lizard, the sand reptile, the sand lizard, and the chameleon.